Thursday, March 27, 2008

A day of firsts!



Today we had rice cereal. Asher was absolutely ecstatic to finally get to put stuff in his mouth in the same manner Mom and Dad and Franklin do. I love these little moments of newness, Asher reminds me every day not only to savor my time with him, but to see the wonderment in the everyday ordinary. I was never a windows and doors open person before, but since having him I can't stand to let all the marvelous sunshine go to waste on sidewalks and patios. I want to breathe in every bit of life and nature and the unique antiquity of the breeze and clouds and sky. Asher brings me smiles and sunshine and a new outlook on just about everything, the very nature of God is revealed every time he smiles.

Oh, and I have opened the comment posting for all to use, so please, if you read this, comment and let me know what you think!

1 things you had to say:

never said...

Oh my gosh, I used to be the same way! Now sunshine and long walks are like the cherry on top!!! Its like God cracks open this hidden part in you, your life has new meaning and purpose and you want that beauty to spill over every part of you! Things you never were hooked into now hook your heart! Motherhood is WONDERFUL!